REVIEW: Opal (Opal #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #3
Published by Entangled Teen on 11th December 2012
Pages: 382

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
This series is just too addictive! Fast-paced, thrilling and dangerous, Opal will leave you wanting the sequel straight away. Not a fan of the covers of this series by far, they are really cheesy however the story inside certainly makes up for it.

This novel leads on from Onyx, when Dawson returns. And their main goal: to get back Beth. However, is rescuing Beth too big a risk to take? (I do not want to write too much of a summary, because this is a sequel and I do not want to spoil it for you!)

The character development in this sequel was brilliant. I loved seeing Katy grow as a character, but also witnessing her change, she is becoming more mature and grown up, doing what she feels is right and sticking to it; if she wants to do something, she will not let Daemon dissuade her. Katy is strong and fierce, and will always protect those she loves. What I have found Armentrout does brilliantly, is her secondary characters. All play a key role in the novel, and their personalities are explored; they are not just individuals in the background, they play a key role in the novel. Dawson's character was explored perfectly. We were able to witness his hurt and emotion, but also his brief times of happiness that really stood-out within the novel. Though I was also pleased to see not everything about him was given away in this novel, there is still some mysteries to be solved. And lastly Blake. Did not expect him to turn up in this novel. But he is the same as ever, but A LOT creepier. And horrible.

"Daemon snatched the yellow packages from my hands. "Oh! Books! You have books!"
I laughed as several people waiting in line looked over their shoulders. "Hand them over."
He clutched them to his chest, making moony eyes. "My life is now complete.""
Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Paperback

Next we have the relationship in this novel between Katy and Daemon. As swoon-worthy as before, and I was pleased to see they trusted each other more and respected their choices when agreeing to help Dawson save Beth, although I am pleased their relationship did not always play centre-staged.

"I love you Katy. Always have. Always will."
Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Paperback

The plot of this novel I will admit was not as good as the first two books. At the start I did find it to be a little slow and repetitive, and I did feel it lacked a little something. But none-the-less, I still thoroughly enjoyed it, being thrilling and dangerous, with twists I did not see coming, I was addicted till the very end. And speaking of the end... THAT CLIFFHANGER! My goodness, I am still thinking about it. I was sort-of expecting it, but it was still a surprise!

This was a brilliantly addictive sequel, to a thrilling and emotional series. Super excited to start Origin (I am so pleased I bought the bind-up :0) ).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature & Follow

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (#2)

FEATURE & FOLLOW #5