REVIEW: Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux #2
Published by Entangled Teen on 14th August 2012
Pages: 366

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
I loved Onyx more than Obsidian! Containing action scenes and mystery, I did not expect to see some of the scenes at the end. I am not a fan of the covers though, they are rather cheesy and awkward, but I do love the purple colour they have used!

Daemon and Katy are connected through Daemon's alien powers, making Katy a target for The Department of Defence. They have never known about their alien powers, until now. But not only must Katy run from them, she is also chasing them as she tries to find someone they all thought was dead, but is actually very much alive.

Katy was again brilliant in this novel. She continued to stand her ground and did not let others manipulate her opinions or decisions. She still had a guilty conscience which was a nice addition as a lot of female protagonists in YA novel, when in fights, just think about how they look and never think whether they should have really killed them. I also loved how her blogging was still kept in the novel; the 'In My Mailbox' scene was hilarious! I also really enjoyed how the romance did not take over the novel. Which leads us onto to Daemon… exactly the same thoughts as in the first novel: hot, snarky but loving.

The plot of this novel with a certain character was predictable, we all knew it! However, the ending was not what I expected at all, it all happened so fast but somewhat logically; even though it was a little rushed, it worked and there was no hanging around. There was also numerous amounts of action and fighting scenes that kept you on your toes, and shouting: "Don't go in there!". Alongside this, Armentrout showed no mercy to the characters.

This was certainly my favourite so far in the Lux series as it dod not hang around, was straight to the point with action and mystery. THAT ENDING!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature & Follow

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (#2)

FEATURE & FOLLOW #5