REVIEW: Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Series: Hundred Oaks #1
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Date of Release: December 1st 2011
Pages: 283

One of the boys 

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though--she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

I sadly felt myself skipping over sections of this book after I got half way, it just did not grab and hold my attention like I hoped it would. The cover is bright and eye-catching, with a strong presence of sport; this, as you know, is the key aspect in this story. But, I can't help but be jealous by how tanned they both are! Because, you see, me getting a tan is like a vampire getting a tan... Does. Not. Work.

Jordan is the only girl on her american football team, and is also the captain and quarterback. And her team mates are more like her brothers. But when the handsome Ty turns up, Jordan just can't help herself. However, she must keep her head in the game and not get distracted, otherwise she won't get her rightful place at a powerhouse university.

Jordan was an okay character. She was someone who did get on my nerves a little, however she was a character whom you could just easily read about. What I really liked about her was how her character was very unique and original which I jumped with joy about. I LOVED, the characters of JJ, Henry and Carter, they were just your typical fun and loving people that really stitched the story together and gave me parts of the book to look forward to and laugh out loud about (these are the moments where you begin to snort-out-loud uncontrollably) Additionally, they were all three characters who were refreshing to read about. The idea of the book was okay, I express it as a light read with cliches. So after reading the blurb I was really looking forward to starting this book and find out which path Jordan was going to take.

But... I really, strongly disliked the character of TY! He was just really annoying. I know a lot of people who loved him but... no. He was cute, but a little weak. I felt like everything that came out his mouth was to make us feel sorry or think he was adorable and shy or something along those lines.

The storyline and the way the plot was heading I felt just did not grip me, my attention was just floating somewhere else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature & Follow

FEATURE & FOLLOW #5

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (#3)